CT Clinical Image Competition
Take on the challenge and submit your best CT Images!
In conjunction with Siemens Healthcare CT Life Users Forum at RADAIM 2016, Siemens Healthcare is excited to once again host the hotly contested Computed Tomography Clinical Image Competition!
This unique competition asks for you enter your highest quality images produced at minimal radiation dose.
Run as an open competition we are asking for all types clinical images, from an interesting pathology, super low dose, a unique acquisition or even a VRT that stands out on paper.
The winners of this year's CT Clinical Image competition will be announced during the Siemens CT User Meeting at RADaim on Thursday, 21 July 2016.
Entries close 5pm Friday, 15 July 2016.
How can I submit my best CT Clinical Image?
All entries must be submitted together with the completed image gathering and customer authorisation forms. To access these forms, please click here 0.1 MB.
All submissions should be emailed to email@example.com.
Alternatively, if you are submitting a CD/DVD or USB, please mail it to:
Siemens Healthcare Pty Ltd
Attn: Rebecca Wilson
885 Mountain Highway
Bayswater, VIC 3153
Criteria for the submission
What types of images are we looking for?
High quality images acquired using a Siemens CT system.
What types of cases should be selected?
The submitted image should convey either aesthetic beauty or clinical relevance. Normal anatomies and physiologies are acceptable. The image can portray any anatomy, organ or pathology.
In what format must the cases be submitted, and what other information should be submitted with it?
Cases must be submitted in DICOM or jpeg format and include:
• DICOM images with CT data and VRT reconstructions
• JPEG image capture
• CT Data using other reconstruction kernels, windows or slice thicknesses
• Summary of patient preparation and acquisition parameters
• Summary of clinical finding
When is the deadline to submit my best CT Clinical Image?
All entries are to be submitted by 5:00pm (AEST) on Friday, 15 July 2016.
What prizes can I win if my best CT Clinical Image is selected?
1st prize: One ticket to attend a Siemens training course at our Life Education Centre
in Sydney (ticket to be used within 12 months from the date of issue)
2nd prize: Double pass Event gold class cinema tickets (or equivalent for NZ customers)
3rd prize: $50 RedBalloon voucher
Terms & Conditions
• This competition is open only to users of Siemens CT systems in Australia and
• There is no limit on the number of submissions from each participant or institution.
• All patient personal data must be removed according to patient privacy standards.
• Entries with incomplete information/forms will not be accepted.
• Each image must be submitted with a short description of its clinical significance and,
if applicable, whether it changed the outcome for the patient.
• Each image must be submitted with a completed image gathering form including a
completed customer authorisation form.
• Each image must be submitted with the official name of the institution and/or department.
• Submitted images will be assessed by a panel from the Siemens CT division.
• The decisions of the judging panel will be final and binding and no correspondence will
be entered into on such matters.
• By participating in this competition, each entrant agrees to the use of his/her name,
institution/site, photograph(s), his/her entry and state at any time or times without
remuneration for the purpose of promoting the CT Clinical Image competition and or
Siemens Healthcare Pty Ltd.